The program of events
From the 8th morning of the 22nd to the sunset on March 25, 2019, the public, municipal shelter, and charter vessels are generally defined in the ports of Souda and Chania. Illumination of all Public, Municipal Branches, Port Banks and Banks on the evening of March 22 and 25, 2019 and the Naval Ships at the port of Souda.
Pilgrimage of delegations of young students and students, scouts and guides to the city’s hero monument, where teachers and supervisors will be directed.
– The event will be attended by representatives of the Authorities.
– In the beginning, a monument ceremony will be held, and then the wreaths will be deposited by delegations of primary and secondary school students, college students, scouts, and guides.
– Festivities will also be held in primary and secondary schools, as well as in tertiary and tertiary schools.
MONDAY 25th March
The bells of all churches will be joyful beating
Official Formation at the Fortress of Firka.
– Official Doxology at the Metropolitan Church of the Presentation of the Virgin Mary, where the Metropolitan of Kydonia and Apokoronas will be staged, Mr.Damascus.
– The celebratory of the day will be delivered by the Director of the 11th Primary School of Chania Primary Education Ms. Klimatsaki Maria.
– Memorial at the Fallen Monument.
– Submission of executives by the government representative, the representatives of the Prefecture, the Chief of Vice-President of Chania, ADPH on behalf of the Armed Forces, the Mayor of Chania, the General Police Officer of the Region of Crete, the Association of People with Disabilities and War, representatives of the of its branches (Branch of Chania), Chania Fire Service, Central Harbor Authority of Chania, Officers and Reserve Officers, Scientific Associations and Foundations, Supreme Chamber of Commerce, political parties in the National and European Parliament.
– Keeping a minute of silence in the memory of the fallen for the homeland.
– Deputy Νational anthem
Parade of Disabled and War Victims, Organizations and Associations, Local Apparel Organizations, Primary and Secondary Schools, Primary and Secondary Schools, Drivers, Scouts, and Armed Forces.
Official deflation of the flag at the Fortress of Firka.